The United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing of the Subcommittee on Administrative Oversight and the Courts entitled “Protecting Seniors and Persons with Disabilities – An Examination of Court - Appointed Guardians” for Thursday, September 22, 2011, at 2:30 pm (Eastern Daylight Time). Chairman Amy Klobuchar, a Senator from Minnesota, presiding.
To access the webcast and get more information about the hearing click here View a Hearing or Meeting or go to www.judiciary.senate.gov and use the tab for hearings and meetings to locate the link.
The list of those testifying includes well-known and experienced professionals in guardianship, some who are active NGA members:
- Michelle Hollister, Managing Partner - Solkoff Legal, P.A., Elder Law, Delray Beach, Florida
- Kay Brown, Director, Education Workforce and Income Security - U.S. Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC
- Deb Holtz, State Ombudsman for Long-Term Care - Minnesota Board on Aging, St. Paul, MN
- Naomi Karp, Strategic Policy Advisor - AARP Public Policy Institute, Washington, DC
- Robert Baldwin, Executive Vice President and General Counsel - National Center for State Courts, Williamsburg, VA
This webcast is an exceptional opportunity for guardians across the country to be part of what in the future may be viewed as a historic turning point in delivery and funding of professional guardianship services.